The Weekly Burst Report is a report published every Sunday meant to centralize and outline the important Burst information of the week.
Core development statistics since last week:
– Files modified: 67
– New insertions (+): 568
– New deletions (-): 526
Total since the release of 1.3.6cg: 86,428 insertions (+), 135,151 deletions (-).
- A roadmap detailing core development for the following months has been published.
- We can expect a Burst Reference Software (BRS) 2.0.0 at the end of January. “This is intended to be a bug and vulnerability free wallet, extremely well tested, with cruft removed. It will be supporting a plethora of database backends, from small ones (like H2) up to really enterprise (Oracle, etc.), as well as the Dynamic Node Capabilities. This BRS 2.0.0 is going to be the solid foundation needed to build upon – yet it will be fully compatible with old wallet, and thus released without any fork.”
- After that, we can expect three hard forks: the first one will include dynamic block size and transaction fees, the PoC2 protocol and some of the Dymaxion code, but inactive. The second one will implement and activate the remaining Dymaxion code – users should be able to play with it on the TestNet before that. Finally, the last fork concerns the implementation of the PoC3 protocol.
- If you have not done already, I strongly suggest to read The Burst Dymaxion white paper. I also published an article titled The Dymaxion Explained in Layman’s Terms. The Burst Core Roadmap for 2018 also gives you an explanation of the CIPs explained in the white paper. Finally, the PoC Consortium posted a Q&A about the Dymaxion on Reddit.
- The version 0.2.0 of the PoC Consortium Android wallet has been released. You can now send encrypted and unencrypted transaction messages (the app is now Bittrex-compatible), performance and UX have been improved, a contact book feature has been added, and more. The application is now published under the name PoC Consortium instead of ICE WAVE, to avoid confusion. You can download it on Google Play where it has already 2500 active installations and 4.6 stars.
- @Quibus released the version 1.8 of Qbundle. You can read the full changelog and download it on GitHub. If you are already a Qbundle user, just click “File” -> “Check for update” -> “Download updates”.
- The PoC Consortium is currently testing its new pool software, written in Go and scalable to thousands of miners. The pool has been running for a week in open beta in a 0-100 configuration: http://22.214.171.124:8080/. You are free to join it, test it and provide feedback – be aware that no issues have been reported so far but there are no warranties. This is your chance to make the future of Burst pooling better!
- Sooner this week, the PoC Consortium officialy stated that ac0v and two other developers suffered a car crash. They were not severely injured, but they have to remain at the hospital for a few days. The PoC Consortium expects no serious impact to the development of Burst – GitHub activity is evidently unhindered and the PoCC upholds the 2.0.0 release date for the end of January.
- Burst has been unlocked on UPbit, the Korean version of Bittrex. Trade it with BTC! You can find the complete list of Burst exchanges here.
- @MrPilotMan added a new Dymaxion wiki to the Burst subreddit. It contains every information of interest concerning the Dymaxion and its history.
- The Burstcoinist migrated to new servers. You shouldn’t have to worry about lag or downtimes ever again.
- Reddit user AllAboutJake made of proof-of-concept for a Burst wallet compatible with a Ledger Nano S. This is a significant step forward, but as he reminds the community in his GitHub: “Do not use this on your production Ledger Wallet. I’m not responsible if you lose your BURST or your other cryptocurrencies on the same Ledger device. I recommend using this only on a Ledger Nano explicitly earmarked for ‘development’ and one that does not contain keys for any crypto-currentcy you care about. Furthermore, I recommend it only for use on the Burstcoin testnet.”
- Burst is finally moving beyond .10 USD! The market capitalization even exceeded $220M during a new all time high on Saturday.
- The @Burstcoin_dev twitter account reached 20k followers. The number of followers actually doubled in less than two months!
The Burst ecosystem is growing faster than it ever has. We are already reaching new all-time highs in USD and we are getting closer to our previous all-time high in terms of BTC. New members are pouring in and the community is getting larger every day. Yet, this is merely the beginning: Burst has still a lot of room to grow. Once the integration of the Dymaxion components is complete and doubters have been proven wrong, I expect to witness a truly exponential growth in every regard. Exciting times ahead!
Thank you and see you next week,
Tom Créance (@Gadrah)
If I forgot something in that report, let me know and I will make sure to mention it next week.
Also published on Medium.